Tuesday, September 22, 2009

From Timid to Transparent

Insert your favorite cliche to express shock here: ________________
________ is how I am feeling right now.

"I'm a Christian wife and mother of 3 who would love to quit her job to invest more time with the family and finally get a chance to scribe the numerous inner dialogues and share with an audience of......of....None. "
Ladies and gentleman, please let me introduce you to my successful incredulous friend:
Mia Sarah, better known as Mi . She is both adventurous and skeptical, outgoing and shy, whimsical and predictable.
She is Mi and Mi is me.
And I am absolutely _______ that I am now a colleague to fellow bloggers.

In keeping with my title for today, I'll confess: I have never read one full blog entry in its entirety. I've never really understood them. I've performed mental gymnastics trying to deduce who the target audience is and who the patrons are for this new communication portal. And then my "Manic Martha Moment" (you know, that moment when you tell God that what you understand to be true is indeed fact and everything else is rubbish) subsides and He reminds me to be still, sit by his feet, and breath Him in.

Who is your audience Mia? You are Lord.

Why write? Because you've given me this gift and Your Word exhorts that "A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means for helping the entire church" -1Corinthians 12:7

My conclusion: It's not about Mi, it's all about Thee.

If the answer to my morning prayer of "Lord make me a vessel you can fill" is via blog, then C'est la Vie! (Or in Christianese, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.)

Transitioning from timid to transparent is not an easy task, but with Christ it's not daunting either.

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him- Collossians 3:17

There is nothing as refreshing as having your thirst quenched by the Living Water now is there!

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Congrats, Mia and welcome to the blog world! It's a great place to meet new friends, get immediate feedback on writings and ideas and honor God with your thoughts and encouragement for others!!
Your going to love it here!

amykat said...

First of all, totally love your blog's name. Original, relevant, and cute (in a good cute way). You are funny and you had my attention from the first sentence! I will definitly follow your blog! And believe me, sometimes I still wonder who my "target audience" is.....but I so enjoy the relationships I have built online with other women who share my faith.

Followers