Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fall: More Than a Season for Me

Where have I been?!
In my defense, Fall is a very busy time for me. Starting on October 4, my family enters into a new dimension of busyness. My eldest daughter, the amazing and hilarious Angel- turned 12. A day later, my father promoted to 58. Five days after that,my one and only niece Sage graduated to 5. Then, twelve days after that, my youngest daughter celebrated her 9th birthday. Immediately following those birthdays, my husband and I coordinated our role in the Harvest Festival at our church (always SO much fun!). In between those October months, my family and I witnessed Angel's impressive display of athleticism in her first year of co-ed flag football.

November: Our "golden-boy" son turned 2 days after Thanksgiving and both my Mother (flying in from Florida) and Mother-in-law (coming from Washington state) visited a week before the festivities. Need I say more?

December: This month is self explanitory.

..and in the midst of these blessings =), there is ministry, sisters, gatherings, and a busy four letter word called Life.

I need to interject my excuses and redeem myself by saying, "I'm recommiting time."
This go around, I'm leaving my bag of expectations at the foot of the cross.

I'm no longer going to dance around my calling, but get right into the guts of it and lean not on my own understanding.

Pray for me =)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love your new resolve - praying that as your partner with God you will go great new places this year!

Followers