Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dough Happens

It's funny how I can pray in the morning and ask God to interrupt my plans for His own.

According to my smart phone, October 7 was going to be a busy, yet manageable, day.

Get to the office by 7am.
Leave at 12n.
Pick up the girls from school at 12:30pm.
Run to Larry's Produce.
Take Asia to her optical apt at 1:45.
Pick up Tai by 3:30.
Asia has her first golf lesson at 4:00-5pm.
Angel has flag football practice at 5:30-7:00pm.

..and somewhere in between, Tai needed to get a bath, dinner was anxious to be cooked, kids bubbled over for hugs/kisses/attention, and the hubby deserved affection..

Freeze... remember what I said, "October 7 was going to be a busy, yet manageable day."

Women, can we take this time to pat ourselves on the back and lift up a high five to the Big Man Upstairs! Wow He's amazing! And yet we were made from a rib! Imagine if we were made from a mobile part of the body..say feet or thighs..good heavens! I digress..

ANYWAYS, just when I was ready to leave for work, I get a call from the school secretary that the cookie dough from the fall fundraiser has arrived. Because Angel and Asia vied for top seller, we had 46 boxes of dough! 46! And it needed to stay frozen?! Where in the world will they go?!

There wasn't even enough time to consult my smart phone. But the reality is that it just needed to get done.

Solution: Substitute Larry's with the healthiest option at Wendy's, solicit help from a willing husband and ex-husband, and smother the kids with silly songs and jokes during the taxi ride and stops to keep the spirits high.

Dough happens, roll with it.

2 comments:

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

Sometimes, Mia, it's those simple little "crises" in life that make us smile. Is that a normal day of sorts for you? Wow- you're a busy woman!

Mimi said...

Hi Kitty!! Yeah, it's a somewhat "normal" day for me. I thrive on being needed I suppose =) Wow, that was cathartic!

Followers